Friday, February 22, 2008

Temptation in the wilderness

This is me and my friends and we're coloring Jesus in the wilderness.

This day in church we learned about temptation. Temptation is when you really want to do something, but you know you shouldn't. Once we learned about a lady who made cookies and she told her son to wait and he didn't wait. He was feeling temptation. But he snuck one, and then him and his friend snuck another and another and they said that wouldn't be too much. But they didn't eat their dinner. Her mother said, "You ate some cookies, didn't you?" So what I learned is you should wait.

This is the picture we were coloring: Jesus was really hungry, but he knew he shouldn't use his powers to turn anything into food. And the devil came down and said, "If you are the son of the Lord, then turn those rocks into bread."

Whoa. This was taken our last day of church in Big Rapids and Addy dictated this to me 4 weeks later. I can't believe her recall. I barely remember talking about the cookies — and I was the teacher. It sure is nice to know that when I feel like I'm herding cats in the Sunday School classroom, something is actually sticking.

No comments: