Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Addy and Dori first day of school

This is me and Dori, our first day of school.

First-grader school is very fun, except when we stopped kindergarten I was used to playing outside every day so I'm kind of tired doing some of the kind of school that you have to pay lots of attention. That makes me tired. But otherwise, it's very fun and we've started cursive early, but I kind of want to get back on manuscript because I'm starting to forget how to write some of manuscript.

When I was in kindergarten I was doing first-grade reading, and now I'm in first grade and I'm doing second-grade reading. I'm doing something called the Beginner's Bible. That means I read a Bible to my mom instead of her reading a Bible to me like we did when I was in kindergarten. But we're also doing a Bible that Mom reads to me, another one that's a little bit more adult-ish.

Math is actually fun.

I actually like science because it's telling about a long time ago, and one of the things I'm learning — it's really cool. People weren't invented back then, so there were little things that were like monkeys, but they had feet like we do and hands like we do and pretty much everything that we have except they live in the trees. And they hunted for small food and picked berries to eat.

No comments: