Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Science Jim


I did my first online class. It was called Astonishing Atoms. I learned what was smaller than an atom. I learned that if you took the energy out of a golf ball it would probably power the whole earth. I really don't know what I learned; I learned a lot, but pretty much I learned what an atom is.
Atoms are like little building blocks. All the building blocks that you were made out of could have been from the sun, from a tree, from a jumprope — could've been from a woodchuck.
There's matter and energy in the universe. As Einstein said, matter and energy is the same thing. [She's referring to E=mc2.]


Note from Mom: Addy did well with her first online class experience, which supplemented what we were learning about atoms with our NOEO Chemistry I curriculum. She had a couple great questions for the teacher that told me she was really understanding it. I registered for the class through CurrClick.com and it was well taught by Science Jim.

No comments: