Sunday, November 11, 2007

At the Klackle Apple Orchard

I went to the Klackle Apple Orchard. My class was cancelled, so I had to go with a preschool class. But I am homeschooled and my class is a breastfeeding class.


I read a Johnny Appleseed book for school before we went to the Klackle Apple Orchard. The Klackle Apple Orchard was fun. Last year in my class I didn't pick pumpkins. I guess this year we got to pick pumpkins because it was fall time.


We picked the brand of apples Golden Delicious.


I picked a pumpkin flower. The guy who was riding the tractor for that year said we could pick a pumpkin flower. He said all it would do is die. But when we put the flower in the flower press, it was surprising to me when it came out. It was surprising to me that it stayed orange. We took it out of the flower press and we put tape over it to put it in my science notebook and I labeled the parts.


A breastfeeding class? What she means is that a group of families who met through La Leche League formed a group last year called Homeschool Preschoolers. We continue to meet to do group activities and take field trips. I guess Addy will always think of them as our breastfeeding friends. The weather was a little gloomy the morning of our field trip to the orchard, so everyone else bailed on us. We still went and joined up with a class for our educational talk and tour. The rain hid behind the clouds and we had a lovely day.

No comments: